The foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons!
· A child's foot is constantly evolving. In the first 11 years a child's foot grows about 17 full shoe sizes and continues to grow until they are 18 years old.
· Children spend 30 hours a week in their school shoes. That's in excess of 15,000 hours during their school years!
· The average person will walk up around 128,000 km over a life time. That's enough to go around the circumference of the earth three times.
· In a pair of feet there are 250,000 sweat glands that produce around 500ml of perspiration daily.
· 25% of all bones are in your feet. When these bones are out of place, the rest of your body probably is too When walking, each time your heel lifts off the ground it forces the toes to carry one half of your body weight.
· Around 40% of Australians will experience some form of foot problems in their lifetime.
read more: School Shoes... It's a Science